Monday, August 30, 2010

Notes (not in iBooks)

Within iBooks, notes are very easy (sort of like writing in the margin). I have been trying to figure out how to take notes outside of iBooks. For example, what if I just want to write some thoughts down or take notes in a meeting. I downloaded a free app called Sundry Notes. I didn't spend a lot of time playing with it, but I wrote a couple of notes including some likes and dislikes about reading on the iPad and a score sheet for a game of Hearts my family was playing on the beach:



It worked reasonably well, but it will take some getting used to. I know that David Warlick likes to take notes on his iPad with a mapping tool (comparable to Inspiration). I'm not sure I'm ready for serious note-taking yet, but it is nice to have a simple option for simple notes. Plus, I can upload the notes to my computer in PDF format.

2 comments:

  1. David,

    Have you tried the Notes App that is preinstalled?

    Another possibility is the free App called InfiniJournal.

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I never even noticed the pre-installed Notes app. That probably would have worked just fine for what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete