Monday, August 30, 2010

A Few More Points

I really like searching. If I read a name or a term, I can highlight it and hit search and find all occurrences of that name or word in the book. Maybe that's not so good in a novel if it shows you information about the character later in the book that you don't want to see, but it is great for a non-fiction book so you can look back (or forward) to see what else the author said about it.

The dictionary is great. If I come across a word or phrase that I don't know, I can select it and hit dictionary. It seemed to find some pretty obscure things (I recently looked up "cri de coeur," which means "a passionate appeal, complaint , or protest").

I would like to be able to copy and paste short passages from the book. I can understand why they don't let you do this (and maybe it is a benefit for classes), but I might want to include something directly from the text in my notes or in an email message.

I'm sure over time I'll think of other things, but these last few posts have included the major points I wanted to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment