Monday, August 30, 2010

Laserfiche on the iPad

A quick aside before I get back to my posts about reading on the iPad on vacation... we just got an email about Laserfiche on the Web. Laserfiche is a system to review student records (paper documents are scanned in and admission committees can review applications whether documents were submitted electronically or on paper). I was sure that I wouldn't be able to access it on the iPad, and I was shocked when I could. It works perfectly on the iPad. The only drawback is that the buttons are all very small so you have to "pinch" the screen to expand to have any hope of hitting the right button.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    Laserfiche Web Access is a great program for using the iPad for document management. We have many clients who use Laserfiche remotely, and we are excited to explore the possibilities of the iPad.

    Have you tried it on the 3G network? How is the performance?

    We're going to be posting more about the iPad and Laserfiche on our blog soon, check it out at http://blog.aisww.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My iPad is just wifi so I haven't tried it on a 3G network. I was just excited that it worked at all because so many other Web tools don't work on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete