Wednesday, November 24, 2010

iOS 4.2 for iPad

The long-awaited update to the operating system for the iPad has arrived (iOS 4.2). This is supposed to be a big deal, allowing multitasking (that means that when you leave one app, you can come back to it in the same place you left instead of having to start over). Some apps (like Mail) already allowed you to leave and come back, but many didn't.

The instructions I received to update were to simply plug in the iPad and follow the on-screen instructions in iTunes. Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple. I had to plug in my iPad to my computer, and click on the iPad icon (on the left sidebar) in iTunes. Then, I had a button to click to check for updates. Once I did that, it began to download and install the update. It is updating now. In fact, it just finished so the whole process took about 5 minutes. I'm very excited about this.

By the way, this update is free.

David Marcovitz

No comments:

Post a Comment